Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Interlaken..

My day in Interlaken:
This morning Kenzie and I took Bodee to school and had Oma (grandma) Franie watch Hayden while we headed into Interlaken. Bodee is in preschool. The kids bring slippers, they take their shoes off at the door and wear their slippers at school. It is a sign of respect. We take our shoes off before entering the house too, but today I learned something new. Me and Kenzie get a long really well and it's been fun to talk to her and chit chat. She is sweet. Kenzie was going to the doctors and I was just going to kind of hang out around Interlaken. Interlaken=city between lakes. A little terminology review :). We started at the store which is like a wal-mart, but in a mall. Hard to explain, but each store is a different department. There is an electronics department store, grocery department store, make up department store. It's not all one. I grabbed me some sparkling cider (very popular here and tastes much better than Martinelli's) and was off to do some shopping :) The town is pretty.. There were some chocolate shops, a watch shop etc..

I finally got the guts to attempt to speak some German and had someone take a pic. of me!

Yes. . Those are toilet seats







There are bikes EVERYWHERE. Probably 2 or 3 racks like this within just a few blocks.

2 comments: