Monday, May 31, 2010

I LOVE it here..

Okay.. so I had to put this pic first.. I saw Elder Jason Stinking Peterson at institute in Bern Tuesday night. For those of you guys who don't know, I went to high school with this boy and he is one of my good good friends "missionary". I was so happy to see him! Since this pic is here, I will just tell you about institute first. It's in Bern which is about 1.5 hours via train ride away. Cute Kenzie (love her!) helped me get everything situated and I was off at 1719 (everything here is military time, I love it!) Jk.. I won't use that in my blog, 5:19. I took a train from Grindelwald to Interlaken and then Interlaken to Bern. Earlier this week, cute Simon (pronounced Seemon) from the ward called Kenzie and said if Megan still wants to go to institute tell me her train info and I'll meet her at the platform to show her how to get to her tram.. I was so happy that he called.. He just got his mission call to.. drumroll please.. Provo, UT! Ha.. So I got off the train at Bern and there was Simon and I'm just going to call him Dallin because I think that's his name. They showed me how to take the Tram which I'm so glad they did. I would have found it eventually but everything is in German, I would have been lost. This time, we just took Simon's car.. So we walked to his apartment complex, hoped in the car and was off. Simon speaks English, but either not much or he doesn't say much.. Dallin is the English translator for institute and served his mission in Ukraine. We pulled up, walked in, and there was Elder Peterson. I went to high school with his comp too but I can't remember his name. Elder Peterson showed me the senior missionaries who do the cooking (they get dinner and dessert at their institute ;)) and they were so cute.. I felt so welcomed. The little grandma was like let me take your picture to put on our wall! And the little grandpa looked at the missionaries and said you help her find her tram back so she doesn't miss her train! The institute class was unreal, the missionaries translated for me. After, they showed me my tram and I was off back to Grindelwald. At my tram there were 2 kids I recognized from institute so I started talking to them. One didn't speak English but the other spoke fluent English because he was a foreign exchange student at AF High in 07'-08'. Such a small small world! It was nice to have someone to talk to and laugh about old teachers with! They were really sweet and walked me from the tram to my train and I was off.. I got back home and cute Kenzie was waiting for me at the train station! :) Today it's Megan-Kenzie day. Her mother in law has the day off, she is babysitting and we are heading into Bern. Love love love it here. So here are some updates from my previous week: These few pictures are Audoboden (Auto boden) Kenzie sells Carhartt clothing and has a market coming up on Saturday here, so we went to look around. The whole family was there, Mandel, the kids etc. Audoboden is beautiful.. It reminds me a lot of Park City.


I took this because there are cows EVERYWHERE here. Everywhere literally. No matter where I am in the day, I swear I hear cow bells. Ha. They all wear these bells around their necks and most of them are brown and white.



I'm such a dork but I love love love how everyone here is so proud to be Swiss. There are so many people with flags in their house etc. I love it.


The yellow slide of death. So after Thun, Kenzie and I took the kids to this "Fun Land"... AKA glorified McDonalds play ground. We had to keep climbing, literally, through this foam playground to take Hayden down the slide.. We were sweating by the end ha but it was a blast.

Okay, so here, the clouds get SO low. I love it. I think it is crazy cool.



In case you can't tell, I am having a great time. Sunday we went to church, the missionaries translated, once again.. Poor guys. Ha. The church is in Interlaken and is just a shrunken version of our churches at home. Has just a few rooms. Everyone was really really nice. I love the people here, they are constantly just even trying to talk to me in what little English they know. I'm never coming home :).

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a good time. Jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud of you Megs, you'll make a great missionary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you crack me up! I know I'm a little late on this ine but it's late at work and I'm going back on blogs I've missed!! Talk about a small world!!! I can just hear you saying "stinking Elder Peterson!" Oh I am going to miss working with you!!!

    ReplyDelete