Thursday, June 10, 2010

switzerland is love

I love being in a place where there are..
--no billboards
--chocolate shops everywhere
--institute is 3 hours round trip
--complete strangers offer to let you sleep at their house in downtown Bern or meet you at your train platform to show you how to get around
--complete strangers also blow their cigarette smoke in your face.. lots
--no one knows who you are
--everything is clean
--the alps are my backyard, front yard, and on the side of my house
--i can sit on a train and hear 3 or 4 different languages being spoken at the same time
--i cant understand the tv but still sit down to watch it
--ovalmaltines... mmmm. favorite chocolate cookies ever. love love them. they are 2 chocolate cookies with chocolate frosting in between. i break them into 4th and set the piece in my mouth.. it melts. mmm
--dogs are allowed anywhere
--the weather changes more than my sister Whits moods
--i learn something new everyday
--i've been able to find a way to earn money, kenzie and i are cleaning the stebler's chalet. it's big and may take us forever
--i have been able to make a really good friend. kenzie is so fun and we just giggle all the time
--cows keep everyone from escaping from church because they lean right up against the back door.. during sunday school we had to have the windows open and i swear they were mooing right in the window on purpose
--the kaufmanns dont lock their door. i wouldnt have to, but i do because well its me
--you can see missionaries, cross dressers, drug dealers, and people on their way to institute within in a few minutes
--you get to get emails from everyone back home.. some people are in trouble. including my 2 little brothers who haven't tried to contact me since i've been here!!
--love it here. . . love it here. . .

5 comments:

  1. um. not sure about a couple of those. may need more info. complete strangers? i dunno.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg! It has been so much fun following your blog. It looks like you are having a BLAST! Good luck with everything! Love you girl. We need to get together when you get back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, I say I hate you....just because I want to be there right now! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan, I've been reading your blog and am so happy for the adventure of a lifetime your on!! You are a great writer and might consider it as a profession! How long will you be there? Thanks for all the fun memories over the years! Luv ya, Maria Peterson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria!! How are you?? How is Chance? I miss you guys so stinking much! I am here until the middle of August! I'll have to come by and visit when I get home! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete