Friday, June 4, 2010

The Most Beautiful Place On Earth..

Ok... Here is a million and one stinking picture of me and Kenzie's trip to Bern.. Sooo beautiful. They're out of order, so use your imagination.. :) I wasn't about to organize them haha.
The famous clock tower.

This reminded me of the Wizard of Oz.. Ha the cool thing is, there are a lot of shops in cellars.. This one is probably just storage.

The details of the Munster Cathedral.

The organ at the Munster.

This one is for you Mama.. Real fish and chips, there isn't a Parker Drive In here.

Bear Park.




Whats wrong with this picture??


.. Still stuck?


The four windows on the outside are painted. I couldn't tell.. Kenzie said this is a perfect example of Swiss.. They like things to be symmetrical. I fit right in ha I would have done the same!
This is their "white house" their political building.. they do politics different here, there is no president :)

Lovin the Golden Arches..



This is the famous clock tower..

The gold man that dings the bell.

This is inside the chapel of the Munster Cathedral.

I vote we get arm rails at church ha. My siblings used to always sit too close it would drive me crazy.

The pretty stained glass in the Munster.

This is where the naughty little girls and boys go.. :) Ha.

The bell in the bell.. I felt like Hunchback should have been hanging out in there.

I LOVE the red flowers in the window boxes.

I wish you could see these better, these are the bells in the Munster Cathedral.

This bell was built in 1336. No joke.

Sorry, these are backwards, we start at the top of the Munster and work our way down. This is me at the top, most of the pictures coming up were taken at the top of the Munster or while we were walking up.


Can you spot the temple?



This is at the top of the Munster, me and Kenzie walked 1500 steps to get here. Jk but it seriously started to feel like it because it was in a narrow round stair case, I was getting motion sick ha. It was like 240 something and then 60 more to the top and then back down.. Cute little Kenzie is pregnant and she is totally like eh whatever, I can handle it. She never complains.


Steeple type things on the Munster.

That pink house with red shutters is the Stebblers, Kenzie used to nanny there. I took this from the Munster.

Teeny tiny backyards.

The Bear Flag is Bern.. Each county here has a different flag.




Entrance to the Munster.

Up close..



Entrance to the Munster.

The Munster + Construction work = This.

These are just a bunch of business buildings but I thought the lawn was awesome.


A bear escaped from Bear Park! Jk.. But I really did think that! Ha.

Gardens.


A backyard ha :)




The Munster Cathedral.

There are statues like these throughout the road. The water coming out is real drinking water, like a drinking fountain.

I loove this pic. I want to blow it up and put it in my room. My favorite thing about here is everything is old! Really antiqued.




Bear at Bear Park.

Okay.. So I put this on here because I think it is so funny.. Every stinking morning I wake up like this, regardless of if I shower at night or not. I truly think Ralph the Hair Dresser sneaks in my room at night!

--Okay so funny story, today Kenzie and I were in the kitchen getting ready for lunch. The boys were outside playing and we were just chatting. She went outside to check on the boys and came back in a few minutes later in a panic and was like I can't find them. There are 2 huge rivers right by their house so you can imagine the panic we were in. We split up and searched and searched and yelled and could not find them. Kenzie called Mandel and was like hurry home, we can't find the boys. We hopped in the car and were out asking around. We came back,
I turned the corner of the house and Bode was standing in the door way to my room. Yesterday, at the grocery store, me being the chocolate lover I am had bought a few different chocolate treats to put in my room for a midnight snack. I had some chocolate cookies, I walked in, Hayden looked at me (18 months) with a huge chocolate grin and a cookie in each hand. There were crumbs everywhere and some little chocolate finger prints on my bed spread :) ha.

3 comments:

  1. It looks and sounds like you are having such a great time! Keep posting and letting us have a sneak peek into the fun that you are having!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I thought I commented a LONG time ago. Guess I didn't hit 'post comment'. I think it's so cute that you post photos for your mom (fish-N-chips)and your dad (the gardens). You are so thoughtful. And definitely a landscapers daughter! :)

    keep on postin'
    -MP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want to be there! I would move in a MINUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete