Sunday, October 3, 2010

Thanksgiving

Bloggers.. Hello hello :) Life is good here in Switzerland. There was a market yesterday in Grindelwald, which we are glad is over. Saturday there was a country night in town, which was fun. I went with Ruedi and my favorite part was getting all dressed up like I was going to the Lehi Round-Up. Mary Kay (Kenzie's mom) arrived last Monday and on Monday the 11th, the baby will be born! A little bit busy! Luckily we now have 3 women here to hold down the fort and chase the 2 little ones around :). I recently made a trip to Belgium.. Had a blast. Here are some pictures:



Brugge, Belgium.. BEAUTIFUL city
Brugge
Me and Jelle in Brugge
Mini Europe
At the coast in Belgium

At an Abbey (old nun village) in Belgium
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The leaves on the trees are changing, fall is in the air! Fall is my favorite season, I love the feeling of getting ready for the holidays. It reminds me of Thanksgiving. I remember the days when we all fit in Grandma's living room, now we're sprawled out clear down into the basement. I know I'm early, but since Thanksgiving is an American holiday and I'm living in Europe, I'm celebrating early. Grandma and Grandpa Frost always give us 3 candy corns and before dinner we have to go around and say 3 things we are thankful for and then we can eat them..

1) The many people who I have been blessed to be blessed by -- If that makes sense?
- Family -
My Soul Sista



I am thankful for parents who sacrifice for me.




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I moved out with my friends 2 years ago, to the dear Branbury 216 (also knows as the F.R.I.C.K house -- FRost pItcher beCK - the initials of everyone who 'lived' at our apartment) our favorite saying was "you only live once". I think that was our way of justifying all the stupid things that we did, we all knew we were only going to be young once. As many times as I said that saying, I think it is just now processing and I finally am realizing that time flies by way too quickly, and you don't ever get to go back. I guess you could say I'm at the years in life where things change. Friends get married, go on missions, move away, and life just seems to go on.
"Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never ever the same."
-Friends-




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2) My Savior

"One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only.
This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?"
The Lord replied, "The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you."
-Mary Stevenson
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3) Switzerland..
Before leaving to come to Switzerland, I was trying to figure out a lot of things in life that weren't making any sense to me. I now know and realize why. In a lot of ways, Switzerland 'saved me'. If even just 2 years ago, someone would have told me where my life would be at right now, I would have thought they were crazy. I love the life I am now living.
Clara Barton once said, "The door that nobody else will go in at always seems to swing widely for me."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it."
-Mother Teresa
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This lady is incredible. It's kind of long, but worth listening to in my opinion. Incredible story.
----------------------
Until Next Time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment